Timberkits are mechanical models made of wood and sold in kit form. Put them together, turn the handle and see them work. There is a great range of themes and skill levels to suit everyone. Timberkits are creative, fun and educational
These appeal to all ages and can be easily made by ages 8 and over. Each kit comes with full clear instructions. They are sold in range of skill difficulties and these are from 0 -10.
- Check all parts in the tray very carefully. Read the instructions and look at all the diagrams. Get a clear idea of how the parts fit together before you start.
- Do not glue anything until you are sure you understand how things are assembled. Remember once something is glued together you cannot go back.
- Some parts need sanding for a comfortable fit. Put parts together without glue to ensure they fit.
- Use the wax candle provided to wax all surfaces that are in contact as they move. Apply by rubbing on the wood then buff up to a high polish using the sandpaper provided. This will prevent squeaks and allow freer movement of the model.
- Do not put wax on a surface that is going to be glued as the glue will not stick to a waxed surface.
As seen on Dragons Den on BBC1 on Sunday the 02/08/2015, they entered the den asking for £25,000 investment for 15% of their business, after much discussion they left with more £40,000 but for a 30% share with their new Dragon Touker Suleyman on board, with this larger investment, where will you see these products next? Never mind that, Hobbies have been stocking Timberkits since the mid 90's and newest and popular products feature in our latest 2016 Catalogue.