Timberkits are mechanical models made of wood and sold in kit form. Put them together, turn the handle and see them work. There is a great range of themes and skill levels to suit everyone. Timberkits are creative, fun and educational
These appeal to all ages and can be easily made by ages 8 and over. Each kit comes with full clear instructions. They are sold in range of skill difficulties and these are from 0 -10.
- Check all parts in the tray very carefully. Read the instructions and look at all the diagrams. Get a clear idea of how the parts fit together before you start.
- Do not glue anything until you are sure you understand how things are assembled. Remember once something is glued together you cannot go back.
- Some parts need sanding for a comfortable fit. Put parts together without glue to ensure they fit.
- Use the wax candle provided to wax all surfaces that are in contact as they move. Apply by rubbing on the wood then buff up to a high polish using the sandpaper provided. This will prevent squeaks and allow freer movement of the model.
- Do not put wax on a surface that is going to be glued as the glue will not stick to a waxed surface.