Amati Hunter Q Ship 1450 1/60th Scale Wooden Boat Kit
Amati Hunter Q Ship 1450 1/60th Scale Wooden Boat Kit (HPS/1450)
Amati Hunter Q Ship 1/60th Scale Wooden Ship Kit 1450
Yet another fantastic kit from Amati with loads of detail, this will keep any modeller busy for hours on end.
This model represents a merchant ship, armed as a schooner, built at the beginning of the last century and mainly used as a collier. he Hunter was firstly owned by the British Merchant Navy. Then the Royal Navy took it over for its sailing qualities especially fit for the North Seas and decided to transform it into a Q-ship, when war broke out. As all other Q-ships it underwent changes at the dockyard of Queenstown, Ireland (that's why they were called Q-ship). It was equipped with false structures that concealed its deck weaponry. This structure could be easily removed and the hidden deck guns could be used to fire against the enemy, especially submarines.
This Amati kit boasts the the following features:
- Precut wooden frame assembly.
- Single planked hull construction in Walnut.
- Planked Tanganyika decks.
- Hull and deck fittings made from Brass, Walnut, Boxwood, and Beech.
- Where appropriate, decorative detail is from cast metal
- Ramin mast and yards
- Various sizes of cord for standing and running rigging.
- Walnut deadeyes and Walnut or Boxwood rigging blocks.
- Multi language instruction manual.
- Full sized profile and plan drawings with detail sheets to aid construction.