Revell Messerschmitt Bf 110 G-4 Nightfighter 1:48 Scale Plastic Model Plane Kit (04857)
Revell Messerschmitt Bf 110 G-4 Nightfighter 1:48 Scale Plastic Model Plane Kit
- Detailed surfaces with recessed Panel Joints
- Detailed Cockpit with Instrument Panel
- 2 MG's with Ammunition Drums
- Radar Control Panel
- Detailed Under-carriage Bay
- Detailed Under-carriage
- Flattened Tyres in the Stationary Position
- Nose Section with detailed Radar Antennas
- Movable Propeller
- Exhaust Pipes with Flame Killers
- 2 Auxiliary Fuel Tanks
- 2 Pilot Figures
Decal Set for 2 Luftwaffe Versions:
- Messerschmitt Bf 110G-4 of 8./NJG 3 on Detachment at Skrydstrup, Denmark, June 1944
- Messerschmitt Bf 110G-4 of 2./Nachtjagdgeschwader 4 at Langendiebach, Germany, February 1945
Single components: 148
Skill Level: 4 Challenging
A Brief History
Even at the beginning of the war the Bf110 proved to be a most versatile aircraft capable of fulfilling the roles of battlefield attack, escort fighter and fighter bomber.
The aircraft quickly proved itself to be ideal for night fighting as well.
The ultimate night fighter version was the Bf 110G-4, which became the backbone of German Night Fighter Force.
Mass production of this version began in January 1943.
At the same time the first FuG 202 Lichtenstein B/C Airborne Radar Units were delivered into service by Telefunken.
The small antenna system of the FuG 202 was later replaced by the large antenna array of the FuG 220.
The most successful Night Fighter pilot with 121 victories was Captain Schnaufer who flew the Bf 110G up until the end of the war.