Merit USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier 1:200 Large Scale Model Ship Kit (MIL62001)
1/200 scale plastic Model Kit of the US Navy Yorktown-Class Aircraft Carrier USS Hornet CV-8.
The Kit contains more then 1250 parts and 9 Photo-etched plates.
The Hull and Deck are both made from one piece.
- Scale: 1:200
- Parts: 1290+
- Length: 123,9cm
- Fully Detailed Hanger
- 5 x F4F Wildcat Fighters
- 8 x TBD-1 Devastator Torpedo Bombers
- Optional Built with Early or Late type radar
- 44 injection Molded Sprues
- 8 x turn metal barrels for 5 inch guns
- one piece injection molded hull
- Carrier deck molded in clear plastic to display hangar detail
- 5 x SBD 3/4 Dauntless Dive Bombers
- 16 x Doolittle Raid B25 B with Proper Nose Art and Markings
- 9 Photo Etched Detailing Sheets
- Metal anchor Chains
USS Hornet CV-8, the seventh ship to carry the name Hornet, was a Yorktown-class aircraft carrier of the United States Navy. During World War II in the Pacific Theater, she launched the Doolittle Raid on Tokyo and participated in the Battle of Midway and the Buin-Faisi-Tonolai Raid. In the Solomon Islands campaign she was involved in the Capture and Defense of Guadalcanal and the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands where she was irreparably damaged and sunk. Hornet was in service for a year and six days and was the last US fleet carrier ever sunk by enemy fire. For these actions, she was awarded four service stars, a citation for the Doolittle Raid in 1995, and her Torpedo Squadron 8 received a Presidential Unit Citation for extraordinary heroism for the Battle of Midway.