Tamiya Challenger 2 MBT Desertised 1:35 Scale Plastic Model Kit (35274)
Photo Etch For Challenger 2 (35277)
Tamiya Challenger 2 MBT Desertised Plastic Kit 1:35
- Specs & Features:
- Overall length=334mm, Overall width=115mm
- Accurate replication of Challenger 2 tank including new turret and 120mm 55 calibre smooth-bore main gun.
- Moveable parts include main gun and CITV.
- Features new accurately replicated tracks and wheels.
- CITV and gunner's sight lens cover can be assembled opened or closed.
- Transparent parts used to replicate gun sight lens, headlights, tail lights and rotating light.
- Commander and loader half-body figures and 3 sets of markings included with kit.
- Accessories to accurately replicate Iraq version including canvas skirts and CIP included.
Compared to the Challenger 1 MBT that saw service during the Gulf War, the Challenger 2 features improved second generation Chobham armour capable of withstanding armour piercing. The fire control system was updated with the latest digital technology, including a panoramic Commander's sight with built-in laser range-finder and a thermal gunner's sight. The 120mm L30 rifled main gun provides improved muzzle velocity and accuracy, and enables the Challenger 2 to discharge armour piercing, HESH, smoke and depleted uranium rounds. Special modifications to tanks deployed to Iraq included reactive armour added to the front, composite armour on the sides, a special cover to reduce exhaust heat, canvas skirts to reduce dust ingestion, Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) and Combat Identification Panels (CIP).