Veritas Small Blade Holder (475978)
Veritas Small Blade Holder
- Blade holder may be mounted in a honing guide, or used free hand for sharpening
- Holds short blades such as spokeshave blades when sharpening
- Blade is secured in holder by two rare-earth magnets
- Adjustable stop provides adjustment for blade projection
- Effectively transforms your short blade into something larger (38 x 100mm long)
Because of the difficulty holding short blades such as those found in most spokeshaves, instrument makers' planes, etc., sharpening them has been difficult. The Veritas small-blade holder solves this effectively and safely by securing the blade using two powerful rare-earth magnets embedded into anodized aluminum and an adjustable stop block. In effect, it transforms your short blade into something larger (38mm wide x 100mm long) that can be effectively held for sharpening, either by hand or by mounting in a honing guide.