Veritas Dovetail Saw 230mm x 14tpi 05T05.01 (210923)
- Spine permanently moulded onto the blade
- Right amount of weight to carry the saw effortlessly into the cut
- Ensures control where accuracy is most important
- Polished hardwood handle is shaped to fit the hand comfortably
- Mortice and tenon joint between handle & back for solid and secure fixing
- Japanese high carbon steel blade, 230mm (9") long by 40mm (1.1/2") deep
- Razor sharp 14tpi teeth
- Overall weight is 360g (12.7oz)
The saw's spine is permanently moulded onto the back of the blade. It imparts just the right amount of weight to the blade to carry the saw effortlessly into the cut.
The polished hardwood handle is shaped to fit the hand comfortably and not just to look pretty, which it also does. In fact the handle is very reminiscent of the rear tote on a bench plane and this theme is carried on in the steel rod and brass nut used to attach the handle onto the spine.
A mortice and tenon joint between handle and back ensures a good solid and secure fixing between the two parts.
The blade is Japanese high carbon steel, 230mm (9") long by 40mm (1.1/2") deep, with razor sharp 14tpi teeth filed with a 14° rake angle, the overall weight is 360g (12.7oz).