1:72 Scale Revell Blohm & Voss BV222 Wiking Flying Boat
- Scale: 1:72
- Wingspan: 634mm
- Length: 503mm
- Number of parts: 282
- Skill level: 5
- Faithfully reproduced surface detailed with recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with moulded instrument panel and seats
- Detailed Radio Op/Navigator cabin with removable ceiling panel
- Detailed interior with partitions
- MG Positions in the rear fuselage
- Rotating MG turrets in the wings
- Detailed outrigger bay in the wings
- A choice of extended or retracted position for the split outriggers
- Detailed wing surfaces with separate control surface push-rods
- 6 detailed BMW Bramo engines
- Rotating propellers
- Open or closed servicing hatches on the engines
- FuG 200 Antennae array
- Rotating MG Turret in the forward fuselage
Decal Set for 2 versions:
BV 222, V1, "S1", LTS 222-See, Mediterranean Sea, 1942-43
BV 222, V2, "X4+BH", SAGr.130, Norway 1944-45
History of the Plane:
The BV 222 was the largest flying boat built during the Second World War. It had a Wingspan of 46 meters (150 ft 9ins) and a range of 7000 km (4350 miles).
The Blohm & Voss BV 222 was developed in 1937 as an air-transport flying boat for the German Lufthansa. Non-stop flights between Germany and the US were planned carrying between 16 and 24 passengers at a take-off weight of around 45 tons. With the Second World War starting, the German Luftwaffe took control of the V1 for use as long distance transport aircraft. In mid1942, Maritime Air Transport Squadron 222 was formed and bought V2 to V6 and V8 into service. The aircraft commuted between Athens and the Libyan coast with supplies for the Africa Corps.
By June 1943, three BV 222's had been converted into Reconnaissance Flying-boats fitted with the FuG 200 radar. In September 1943, the 1./SAGr.129 (Maritime Reconnaissance Group 129) in Biscarrosse on the French West Atlantic Coast started regular flights with V2, V4 and V9 to reconnoitre enemy convoys in the Atlantic and guide German U-boats to their position. In June 1944, all BV 222's were moved to Norway where they were captured after the war by British troops.
Deluxe Materials Plastic Magic Cement 40 ml.
Plastic magic cement is a thin liquid plastic cement with a 10-15 sec adjustment time & non-clog action. It is non-toxic, non-flammable with minimal odour and almost zero emissions when compared to competitors.