Tamiya have produced this highly detailed 1:48 scale assembly kit model of the Fairey Swordfish Mk.II. for modellers to enjoy building. A stunning reproduction which will be a welcome addition to the WWII aircraft model makers collection.
About the Swordfish Mk.II
Affectionately known as the 'Stringbag' by those who flew them, the Fairey Swordfish torpedo bomber was already outdated when WWII broke out, but nonetheless provided valuable service and achieved such notable missions as the attack on the Italian Navy at Taranto and damaging the German battleship Bismarck. As newer, faster aircraft were developed to replace it, the Swordfish was modified to become an anti-submarine aircraft. The Mk.II featured metal lower wings that allowed it to be armed with ten rockets or depth charges, which, along with its sturdy design and long endurance, made it an exceptional anti-submarine aircraft for use on merchant aircraft carriers in the Atlantic convoys.
About this Tamiya Fairey Swordfish Kit
- Tamiya 1/48 scale assembly kit of the Fairey Swordfish Mk.II anti-submarine variant.
- Length: 230.5mm, Width: 289mm
- Distinguishing features such as metal lower wings, large oil cooler, and radar antenna array all accurately reproduced.
- Realistic surface texture recreates fabric covering on metal frame structure.
- Main wings can be modelled in the folded position.
- Ultra-detailed cockpit interior.
- Includes accessories such as anti-ship rockets, smoke floats, and extra fuel tank.
- Includes three crew figures and 3 types of markings
- Item.no: 61069 Fairey Swordfish Photo-Etched Bracing Wire Set is available separately for even more realistic rigging detail.
Starter Paint Pack Includes:
4 x 17ml Vallejo model paints. Vallejo paints are supplied in plastic bottles of 17ml with an eyedropper device which keeps paint from drying and prevents spills. The model color range has been specifically developed for adherence on difficult surfaces such as metal and plastic, but the product is not toxic, not flammable, and does not give off noxious fumes. The paint packs offered are only our suggestion and may not match directly with the instructions found within the kit.