Yet another fantastic kit from Amati with loads of detail, this will keep any modeller busy for hours on end.
Amati Hunter Q Ship
- Scale = 1:60
- Length = 580mm
- Level = Beginner/Intermediate
- Laser Cut Parts
- Double Planked
- Photo etched parts.
- Hull and deck fittings made from Brass, Walnut, Boxwood, and Beech.
- Full sized profile and plan drawings with detail sheets to aid construction.
This is a model of schooner-rigged merchant ship built in the early nineteen-hundreds, mainly used as a bulk carrier during peacetime.
The Hunter was originally a British Merchant Navy ship . She was later acquired by Royal Navy for her seafaring capabilities particularly suited to the North Seas, and converted for war duty as a Q-ship.
Like all other Q-ships, she was converted at the Queenstown shipyards in Ireland (hence the term Q-ship), as fitted-out as a decoy to lure submarines to the surface, with false structures to conceal its deck weaponry. These structures were designed for rapid removal and stowage below deck, revealing her guns only during battle ,while lowering its lifeboats into the sea.
Model Makers Glue Pack
- Deluxe Materials Speed Bond 112g
- Deluxe Materials Roket Max Thick Cyano (Super glue)
Hobbies Planking Tool Set
- Plank Bending Tool with Blade
- 2 x 50mm Nylon Grip Clamps
- 2 x 75mm Nylon Grip Clamps
- Pen Grip Pin Pusher
- 7.5mm Brass Pins for Pin Pusher (Pack of 100)
Rigging Tool Set
- Amati Rigging tools
- Micro snips
- Amati Loom-a-line
Starter Paint Pack Includes:
5 x 17ml Vallejo model paints. Vallejo paints are supplied in plastic bottles of 17ml with an eyedropper device which keeps paint from drying and prevents spills. The model color range has been specifically developed for adherence on difficult surfaces such as metal and plastic, but the product is not toxic, not flammable, and does not give off noxious fumes. The paint packs offered are only our suggestion and may not match directly with the instructions found within the kit.