The revolutionary 1984 2WD off-road buggy is back and more fun than ever before!
- Overall length: 400mm
- Overall width: 230mm
- Overall height: 150mm
- Weight: 874g
- Solid bathtub frame with side bumpers
- High performance Type 540 motor
- Independent swing axle front suspension with friction dampers
- Rolling rigid axle rear suspension with oil filled dampers
- Sealed rear gearbox
- Original 3-piece assembly wheels
- Straight ribbed racing front tires
- Spiked buggy rear tires
- Clear Polycarbonate body shell
- Reinforced resin bumper
- Includes electronic forward & reverse speed controller
The Hornet stands as one of Tamiya's most popular R/C cars ever released, helping launch a 2WD R/C buggy boom worldwide. Featuring excellent performance on both dirt and on-road tracks, this awesome buggy can take on any type of terrain.
Just like the original, this re-release features an easy to assemble chassis and drivetrain. The Hornet is perfect for those that used to have one, those that have always wanted one, and for those that want a revolutionary buggy that has earned its place in R/C history.
N.B. The bodyshell supplied is clear polycarbonate and requires painting (a full set of decals are included).
Starter Paint Pack Includes:
5 x 17ml Vallejo model paints. Vallejo paints are supplied in plastic bottles of 17ml with an eyedropper device which keeps paint from drying and prevents spills. The model color range has been specifically developed for adherence on difficult surfaces such as metal and plastic, but the product is not toxic, not flammable, and does not give off noxious fumes.
You will also require the Carson 2 channel RC pack with batteries and charger (sold separately) :