SuperNOVA2 Woodturning Chuck Insert Type Package
Package comprises the SuperNOVA2 main body, a set of 50mm jaws, a Woodworm screw, a chuck key and two hex key wrenches for the fixing screws, with an additional 50mm faceplate ring and a NOVA universal chuck spanner.
REQUIRES NOVA INSERT TO FIT TO LATHE CLICK HERE
- 100mm diameter, high tensile steel, nickel plated body
- Self-centring, takes up to 500mm diameter swing
- Ideal chuck for the ambitious woodturner
- Auto-Stop feature prevents the jaws protruding from the body of the chuck
- Duracon composite backing plate with 24 division indexing
- Plate also keeps dust and debris away from chuck’s mechanism
- Main body supplied with 50mm jaws, Woodworm screw, insert adaptor, chuck key and tools
- Wide range of adaptors available to fit onto a large variety of lathes
- The SuperNOVA2 main body comes with a set of 50mm jaws, a Woodworm screw, an insert adaptor, a chuck key and two hex key wrenches for the fixing screws.
A wide range of adaptors enables the SuperNOVA2 to fit onto a large variety of lathes.
This 100mm diameter, high tensile steel, nickel plated, self-centring chuck is the ideal chuck for the ambitious woodturner.
It has an excellent safety feature in the Auto-Stop which prevents the jaws protruding from the body of the chuck.
The rear of the chuck features a Duracon composite backing plate with 24 division indexing.
The plate also keeps dust and debris away from the chuck’s mechanism.
The 50mm jaw set has both external and internal dovetail profiles. It offers a rock solid grip inside a recess for gripping a spigot or the foot of a bowl. It will also grip square timber equally effectively.
The NOVA Woodworm screw is a useful accessory for the initial turning of the back of a bowl blank. Mounting the blank only requires a 25mm deep, 8mm hole drilled in the centre of the blank. The Woodworm screw provides plenty of holding power and does away with the need for a separate faceplate.